Did you know that by drinking a green juice in the morning you will set yourself up for looking and feeling amazing all day. You will also rev your metabolism, boost your immune system, fuel your gut and increase your fertility. How does this work?
Well you see green fruits and vegetables are some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and green juice or smoothies are:
- Rich in antioxidants- Thank you fruits and veggies!
- It’s filled with easy-to-absorb nutrients -OK, you know all the benefits that you’d generally get with green veggies (antioxidants, minerals and phytonutrients)? You can get most of them from a green juice, in a format that’s easier for your body to absorb and digest.
- It’s high in chlorophyll- Chlorophyll is what plants use to convert sunlight into energy—and gives them their signature green color. In people, chlorophyll can aid digestion, help detox the liver, has antixoidant properties, balances hormones and increases fertility.
- It naturally boosts your energy- Since adding a green smoothie to my daily routine I am able to give my body all this delicious nutrition first thing in the morning and I feel satisfied until lunch.
A few power tips to help you get the most from this new habit
Swish the smoothie or juice in your mouth a few times and act like you are chewing. This will activate your mouths saliva and digestive enzymes so your body thinks it is having a meal and will feel more satisfied. If buying your green smoothie or juice from the store look for hidden sugars, additives, or processed ingredients. Add this to your daily routine 3-4 days a week for the most benefits.
My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe
- 2 organic dates
- 1/2 cup organic frozen spinach
- 1/2- 1 cup organic cucumber, celery swiss chard, romaine, kale
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 1/2 organic banana
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water and 1 cup almond milk (adjust for consistency)
- Optional ingredients- 1 tsp each, pick 1-2 or get creative and add your own- organic cinnamon, ginger, maca, turmeric, mint
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a fancy glass with a straw.
- Enjoy one today and watch your energy soar!!
For more delicious recipes check out my cookbook- The Compete Hormone Puzzle https://coachkela.com/resources-courses/
Love and Health,