Did you know that PCOS is the number one cause of unexplained infertility in the world. This syndrome affects 10-15% of the population and most women don’t even know they have it.
Some signs that you might be affected are –
- Unexplained weight gain or the inability to lose weight
- Hair growing in places it shouldn’t
- Depressed thoughts or feelings
- Irregular periods
Nobody knows the exact cause of PCOS. Many women have a mother or sister with the condition but there isn’t enough evidence studied that show there is a direct genetic link.
Many of my clients with PCOS have a weight problem which says to me that it has something to do with the bodies inability to use insulin. The body has a reduced capacity to metabolize insulin and glucose. The pancreas works harder to produce insulin, but the insulin cannot do it’s job of transporting glucose (sugar) into the cells because of a hormonal imbalance or because of too many fat cells. If left untreated, PCOS can lead to obesity, heart disease, diabetes and some cancers.
The good news is that with the right diet and lifestyle changes you can reverse your PCOS diagnosis and become pregnant naturally.
Here are 7 tips I use to help my clients become pregnant despite PCOS!
- Eliminate any processed food from your diet. Anything that comes in a package or from a drive through DO NOT EAT IT!
- Eliminate any vegetable or cooking oil from your diet. Eating foods cooked in vegetable oil creates a toxic environment in your body that can cause your genes to mutate and breaks down your cell walls allowing free raticals to come in. These free radicals wreak havoc on your body and fertility.
- Cut sugar- sugar combined with processed oils is a recipe for disaster in your fertility and your health.
- Add in whole food nutrition- Whole food is anything that doesn’t come in a package and that isn’t processed. Vegetables, fruit, lean meat, nuts, seeds, healthy fats.
- Add healthy fats- Your brain and your new babies brain is made of fat. Without it your body has a hard time conceiving and building a healthy baby. Good fats include- avocado, coconut oil, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cold water fish, olives.
- Add spices to your food- Spices up the nutritional value of your food by 4000 percent. Adding cinnamon, ginger, turmeric or any spice not only makes your food delicious, but it makes it baby making powerhouses.
- Relax- When you are in a constant state of stress the body knows and will never create life. Breath, relax and believe that it will happen and it will.
When I was struggling with infertility I felt hopeless, mad, sad and every emotion you can think of but once I put my mind to the fact that this wasn’t going to be my story, when I took my health into my own hands and got very intentional about what I was doing, that is when I was able to create a healthy baby and not once but twice and I know you can do the same.
If you need a little motivation and encouragement, then visit www.hormonepuzzle.com to get a copy of my 2 best-selling cookbooks and access to my master class. These cookbooks have tons of delicious recipes in them and they are made up of foods that work with your body and not against and work at helping your reverse your PCOS and put your body into that optimal state for conception.
Watch my master class to learn easy to follow steps that you can start implementing today to reverse your PCOS and create a healthy baby.
Love and health,