How many of you feel overwhelmed by everything you have to do to become pregnant, feel depressed because you have tried SO many things and nothing is working or feel sad, anxious or depressed because you just feel hopeless and your ready to give up. I know I do. I have been there so often to the point of exhaustion.
Well did you know that all of these feelings can aggravate your PCOS and make it even worse.
PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is the number one cause of unexplained infertility in the world. Women affected by this condition have high blood sugar levels, create more male hormones (androgens) than female hormones as well as have ovaries that develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) which will fail to regularly release eggs which leads to the inability to conceive.
Stress, anxiety and depression aggravate these symptoms by putting your body in a constant state of stress which creates chaos in the body and won’t allow you to conceive
There are many ways that you can start to reduce stress, anxiety and depression. These are my top 5.
- Look at your calendar for the next 7 days. What is one activity you’ve committed to that you can cancel?
- Look at your to-do list, what is one item that can be delegated to someone else in the next 24 hours?
- Consider your schedule today. Where can you fit in 20 minutes for yourself- where you’re not taking care of anyone else or being “productive”?- so you can just relax and play or do something mindless that lights you up.
- Look at your calendar for tomorrow. Where can you fit in a 10 minute walk or frisbee toss in your backyard? The fresh air and movement will help you cope way better with your feelings and stress.
- Before your next meal, try what I call the 5-5-7 breath. Inhale for 5, hold for 5, exhale for 7. Repeat 3 times. This gives your body a chance to relax before your meal.
All of these tips will help your body to be less stressed, anxious and will help with depression which will help alleviate your symptoms associated with PCOS and help you get on the right track for conception.
What do you do now… In my health coaching practice, I will help you to implement these tips into your life and turn them into healthy habits so you can balance your blood sugar, fight your PCOS, alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression and put your body on the right path to conception and a healthy pregnancy.
If you are ready to see how implementing these tips can help you conceive and are ready to have the support and accountability of a health coach then schedule a free consultation with me today and put yourself on the path to your new family member in no time.
Love and health,