Women with fertility issues commonly feel stressed and depressed when trying to conceive especially when you have PCOS.
How many of you feel overwhelmed by everything you have to do to become pregnant? Or feel depressed because you have already tried so many things but nothing seems to be working? Or just feel hopeless and you’re ready to give up. I know I did. I have been there and even reached the point of too much exhaustion.
Well did you know that all of these feelings, being stressed and depressed can aggravate your PCOS and make it even worse?
PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is said to be the number one cause of unexplained infertility. Women who are affected by PCOS are experiencing the following symptoms:
- high blood sugar levels
- prevalence of more male hormones (androgens) than female hormones
- ovaries with numerous small collections of fluid also called follicles which hinders the regular release of egg cells which also leads to the inability to conceive
The constant state of stress and depression aggravates these symptoms which creates chaos in the body and won’t allow you to conceive. As mentioned in my last blog when our body is triggered to a fight or flight mode. It also triggers the body to shut down the necessary systems to make a baby.
We can avoid giving additional stresses on our bodies by following some good habits in the way we eat, exercise and finding time to slow down and relax.
These are my 5 easy ways that you can start to do to avoid stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Get your calendar and look at your schedule for the next 7 days. What is one activity that you can cancel to give you more time?
- Check your to-do list. ( If you don’t have one I highly encourage you to have one because it will help a lot in getting organized. ) Find one item that you think can be delegated to someone else in the next 24 hours?
- Consider your schedule today and every single day. Always find time to fit in 20 minutes for yourself – and this means that you’re not taking care of anyone else or being “productive” – me time is a time where you can just relax and play or do something mindless that can light you up.
- Look at your calendar for tomorrow. Can you fit in a 10-minute walk alone or with your dog? What about a few minutes of yoga? The fresh air and movement can help you think better and find ways to understand your feelings and cope up with stress.
- Try what I call the 5-5-7 breath before your next meal. Here’s what you got to do – Inhale for 5 seconds, hold for another 5 seconds, exhale for 7 seconds. Repeat it 3 times. The 5-5-7 breath gives your body a chance to relax before your meal.
All of these five tips will help your body to be less stressed and depressed which also helps in alleviating your symptoms associated with PCOS and help you get on the right track for conception.
If you are ready to see how implementing these tips can help you conceive and wants to have the support and accountability of a health coach then you can schedule a free consultation with me here and start putting yourself on the path to your new family member in no time.
If you want more healthy tips so you can put your body on the right path to conception and healthy pregnancy you can subscribe to my blogs by getting my free Fertility Meal Plan.
Love and health,