Did you know that sleep is just as important as what you eat or how much stress you are under? During sleep, your body is in the optimal state for conception and healing. Sleep is such a powerful ally in helping to promote optimal fertility as it helps lower adrenal overactivity, balance fertility hormones, boost immune system, increases stress resilience and enhances overall health.
Did you also know that without enough sleep your body doesn’t have time to detox the liver which is also vitally important for overall health and fertility?
Let’s face it, who doesn’t love good quality sleep.
If you find you are having a hard time getting to sleep or staying asleep there are a few things you can do to improve those odds. These tips will not only help you fall asleep and stay asleep but will also have you looking forward to your nightly romp with Mr. sandman.
Tips for high-quality sleep
- Practice regular rhythms of sleep- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day and night.
- Make your bedroom for sex and sleep only.
- Create an aesthetic environment by using serene and restful colors (blues, greens and whites) and eliminate any distractions like tv or phones.
- Create total darkness and quiet. (consider using eyeshades and ear plugs)
- Avoid Caffeine or reduce it after noon.
- Avoid alcohol- Yes alcohol can help you fall asleep but it actually impedes sleep when trying to digest the sugars.
- Get regular exercise- at least 20 minutes per day.
- Sun-gaze- Stare at the sun for 10-20 minutes a day with your eyes closed. This will trigger your brain to release specific chemicals and hormones like melatonin which is vital for sleep.
- Eat no later than 2 hours before bed so your body isn’t processing food but focusing on sleep.
- Journal- practice writing down your to-do list or worries. This will free up your mind and allow you to move into a deep and restful sleep.
What if you try all of these things and you still are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. You might want to add these supplements to your routine. Studies show these have been proven to give you the help your body needs when it comes to falling or staying asleep. Choose 1 or 2 and see how your body responds and as with any new supplement, always consult your doctor first.
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Magnolia Bark
As you can see there are many things you can do to improve your sleep. If you are actively trying to conceive these will be so important to start to implement into your life immediately so you can begin sleeping soundly and optimize your body for fertility. If you aren’t you still need high quality sleep for hormone balance so start today on the path to healthier and happier sleep.
If you need a little help in this area or in any area of fertility or hormones, let’s chat. Book a free call HERE to see if working together is your next best step.
Love and health,